Don’t you love when your child finds a new book or series that keeps them wanting to read more and more?
This just happened with my four year old. He has fallen in love with the new School of Monsters Series. There are 5 books in the series. We read them all at least one a day.
Pete’s Big Feet is probably his favorite, but he loves them all. Every set of pages contains a rhyming word in a different colored print than the rest of the sentence. Here’s a couple of page in Pete’s Big Feet.
We love rhyming at home and these books fit right in! We love the illustrations and the worm you can find on most, but not all, pages.
My favorite is probably Mary has the Best Pet Yet . Mary’s pet starts out small and then eats and eats and eats.
Here’s 5 quick things you can do with the series.
- Play a rhyming game with the words. Race Face Brace Chase Lace… etc
- Find all the characters in every book.
- Find the worm on the pages that it appears.
- Draw the main character. The illustrator shows a step-by-step guide in the back of each book to make this really simple.
- Find the rhyming words on the circles in the back of the book.
I almost forgot! There’s also a guide to parents in each book from the author, Sally Rippin!
If you hang out on Facebook, join us in my VIP group. Hope to see you there!